Saturday, April 13, 2013

Weight Loss Update - 10% Loss!

I started to write an update about a month ago, but it just never happened.  Yes, I have continued to lose weight on Weight Watchers.  It has been a slow and steady progress with some amount of loss every week except one.  I have now been on WW for almost 16 weeks and I have met many small goals along the way.  I figured I should put out the before and after pictures of 20 pounds before I actually hit the 30 pound mark.  So here goes.

My actual loss so far has been 27.4 pounds (as of Thursday, 4/11/13).  I only had one week where I gained and it was a very small amount, 0.4 pounds.  I have gotten my 10% goal key chain as well as my 25lb medal to add to it.  I ran a 5K on March 3rd in 48 minutes and 26 seconds.  It was slightly over my goal of 45 minutes, but I'll take it.





 
 
All pictures are showing my starting picture in December and my after picture taken on March 13.
 
Here are the measurements I took on the same day as the pictures:
 
 
                   Area                               Starting                      20 pounds lost
 
                 Breast                                   45"                                   43.5"
                 Chest                                    39"                                   38"
                 Waist                                    41"                                   39"
                  Gut                                      49"                                   44.5"
                  Hips                                    51"                                    49"
               Left Thigh                             29"                                    28.5"
             Right Thigh                            29.5"                                  28.5"
              Left Calf                                 19"                                   18.75"
             Right Calf                               19.5"                                  19"
         Left Upper Arm                           15"                                   14.5"
        Right Upper Arm                         15.5"                                 14.5"
       Left Lower Arm                            12"                                    12"
        Right Lower Arm                        12.5"                                  12"
                 Neck                                    15"                                   14.75"
 
 
Some of the pictures and the measurements show that there is an obvious difference while others, you can hardly tell any difference at all.  But now that I am close to 30 pounds loss, I can really tell a huge difference in my clothes.  I am now three notches into my belt and I am able to button up (albeit very snugly) a skirt that I haven't worn in almost 4 years and I was able to wear a pair of size 14 black pants this week that have been hanging in my closet for the same amount of time.
 
Seriously, I let my clothes stare me in the face.  I can't seem to let them go.  I am always optimistic that I will get back down to that weight again.  And now, I finally am!  I am determined that this is THE LAST TIME I will ever lose weight in my life.  After nearly 20 years of yo-yo dieting, I am tired of feeling exhausted and winded.  I was having trouble keeping up with my kids.  I couldn't even bring in a load of groceries without being winded.  Now, even after losing just a little over 10% of my weight, I can dance around and play with my kids, bring in several loads of groceries without being winded, and run at a pace of 4.8 miles per hour for intervals of 90 seconds each.
 
So for my next goal, I want to get under 200 pounds.  I am (as I write this) 6.6 pounds away from that goal.  On average, I lose about 2 pounds per week so I should hit that goal in 3-4 weeks.  Here's to hoping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

People Who Think I'm Fabulous!