Friday, June 29, 2012

A Vent and A Tiny Step Forward

Ok so I'll start with the tiny step forward so those of you who don't want to listen to my ranting can move on. Today I got dressed!

I know! I know! Most people get dressed every day. What's so great about that? The thing is, it was my son's 2nd day home from school and I didn't have anywhere to go today, so for me, getting dressed was monumental! Also, the fact that I washed my face and sort of "did" my hair added to the fabulous feeling of accomplishment.

Now for the vent. If you want to stop reading you won't hurt my feelings. Most women with extra curvy thighs will appreciate this vent. Why do the seams on the inside of the jeans always start to fray after wearing them for a while? It's so annoying and why hasn't someone invented a way of making jeans that are reinforced or something in that area? Am I the only one who experiences this strange phenomenon or what?

I mean the obvious answer to the perplexing question is simply to lose weight right? But until that day comes when my abnormally large thighs stop rubbing together, what can I do about this situation? The main problem lies in the reason for wearing jeans so much. Two reasons actually, my job and my husband. My current job is as a waitress in a casual burger restaurant and we are required to wear jeans as part of our uniform. That job isn't going away any time soon, by the way, because I didn't get the job I interviewed for yesterday. The other reason, my dear hubby loves me in jeans. I mean LOVES. He thinks I look sexy in jeans and at this weight (currently 214) I'll take any compliment I can get.

So what should I do about this dilemma? Aside from buying 2-3 new pairs of jeans every month. It's really getting annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

People Who Think I'm Fabulous!