Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Stop the Insanity!

You know the old saying: "doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result is the definition of insanity". Well, it's time to stop the insanity (am i the only one who still gets the picture of Susan Powter in my head when I hear that phrase?) Today I made another small change. I noticed that I am always hungry as soon as I get to work around 4 or 5. Of course it doesn't help that I work in a restaurant that serves delicious burgers. I always end up eating either at the beginning of my shift while it's slow or at the end of my shift when I'm done. Both times come fraught with problems. Eating at the start of my shift makes me full and sluggish. Eating at the end of my shift causes me to eat very late.
Today I decided to eat something healthy before going into work. I opted for a big bowl of steamed broccoli and a bottle of water. We'll see if this curbs my appetite while working with the Yumm! Burgers. :)


UPDATE: Epic fail. Does it count as "progress" that I ate a kid size burger instead of the regular size? Oh well. I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

People Who Think I'm Fabulous!